With this app you can now easily listen your audio books which are separated from your iTunes music library.
ABPlayer is the audio player optimized for audio books replay. It is not connected to any particular source of audio books thus having the capability to play any audio book you own regardless of its origin.
The audio book is represented either by a folder of playable chapters (e.g. mp3 files) or by the unencrypted ZIP file with playable content. You can put books to your iPhone using iTunes file sharing capability located at the bottom of the iTunes Applications page.
ABPlayer has several unique features:
- Audio books are now separated from iPod content – they do not mix with your music.
- ABPlayer understands the book as set of chapters described by mp3 tags (if present in files) summing the whole audio book play time – you see what is the actual book length.
- ABPlayer browses or switches among chapters easily.
- ABPlayer remembers exactly the last position you either stopped listening or you were interrupted
- ABPlayer has sophisticated timer for playing allowing you to select not only time for playing, but it can round the end with the end of the chapter if it is in the range of 10 minutes. Timer can be set for any number of chapters to be played as well – e.g. when you promise your children 3 tales before sleep.
The coolAltitude tool for iPad has been released.
coolAltitude is easy to use tool designed for IFR pilots to help them with calculations of temperature corrections during ILS (CATI), RNAV/GNSS, VOR and NDB approaches in cold weather.
The strength of the tool lies in the amount of values you need to enter. Nobody is really willing to fill a lot of data to get simple calculation result. So the only data you need to enter are:
- Intermediate approach altitude
- Descent angle of the approach
- Runway elevation
- And, of course, the temperature at the airport
- Optionally you may need to enter DME shift to work with DME’s offset from runway threshold.
As a reward for your effort you get in graphical and handy form:
- Temperature corrected altitudes for all entered values
- Temperature corrected altitudes for altitudes above the intermediate approach altitude
- Temperature corrected altitudes for all relevant DME distances rounded in the way which makes them easy to use
- Temperature corrected descent angle for FPA enabled airplanes
- Pressure altitude of the airport in hectopascals
- Table with temperature corrected (and uncorrected) values of vertical speeds (ft/min) during descend for different ground speeds (kt)
- Table with conversion between QFE values in meters and QNH values in feet, of course with temperature corrected altitudes as well. All optimized for use in Russian regions
This tool is not certified, so you cannot use it officially for real flight. Nevertheless it is certifiable because the calculations are based on ICAO recommendations and standards and it shows extremely good compliance with officially published values.
For more info contact email@example.com.